What’s holding you back from creating a course or two that can greatly benefit your ideal client:
• Fear of failure?
• Fear of success?
• Fear of looking like an imposter?
• Feeling like you’re not expert enough?
Believe it or not, most entrepreneurs struggle with mindset roadblocks at some point. Even more experienced business owners can struggle with a roadblock or insecurities. I’ve met plenty of entrepreneurs who label themselves as introverted and I shake my head in shock because that’s not the image they portray online; that’s the ultimate “fake it til you make it” thinking.
Lifting mental roadblocks can be done with some daily habits and positive self-talk. Here are three tips you can implement right now in your daily life to create a positive mindset:
1. Start your day with positive affirmations. A quick Google search will give you thousands of affirmations to choose from but you just need to start with a couple of affirmations that resonate with you. Post them anywhere in your home that you’ll see them often. Say one or more as you shower or find 5 minutes of quiet time in the morning to say affirmations or to enjoy a short, guided meditation. If you get stressed during the day, walk away from your desk and start repeating your affirmations. The more you repeat your affirmations, the more your brain will believe them to be true.
2. Surround yourself with positive, authentic people. You don’t need a bunch of fake friends telling you how great you are; instead, find business peers, coaches, or other friends who genuinely try to lift people up and make the world a better place. Their positivity will rub off on you and sometimes all you need is a quick 5-minute phone call to one of these positive people to lift your funk.
3. Connect with your tribe; they are the ones who WANT to hear from you. We are all experts at something, even if we are self-taught don’t have an official degree. A lot can be learned from our life experiences and that translates into expertise. Even if you feel like you can learn more about your chosen specialty, you still know a lot more than your tribe, and they follow YOU because of your style and authenticity.
Are there other experts in the online world in your chosen field? For sure, but don’t let their celebrity, status, or number of social media followers intimidate you.
Share your message far and wide and your tribe will find you.
While you’re testing out these tips, start a brainstorm list of course ideas. You don’t need to know the formats or the specifics of how to create a course just yet; simply jot down ideas that would help your ideal audience. Somewhere in there is a course just begging to be created, some topic that your audience desperately needs to understand. Keep that list growing until you feel inspired to create your course.
Next week I’m going to talk about how to build a passive income empire by hiring a dream team.